This page assists practitioners and policymakers in better understanding and using data sets and diverse research methodologies ranging from random assignment studies to qualitative studies.
For a review of common research and evaluation terminology, click here to access a glossary of research terms.
The following guides provide descriptions of resources to consult to learn more about different research methodologies:
- Resource Guide 1: General Research Methods
- Resource Guide 2: Implementation Studies
- Resource Guide 3: Quasi-Experimental Study Methods
- Resource Guide 4: Random Assignment Study Methods
- The Administration for Children & Families Common Framework for Research and Evaluation
- The Program Manager’s Guide to Evaluation, Second Edition
- Using Administrative Data in Social Policy Research
Tip sheets and tools on topics such as assessing research findings and applying research for program performance are forthcoming.