This report presents findings from the Systems Change Analysis of the 27 non-tribal HPOG grantees funded in 2010, which operated 49 programs. This study addresses the major research question: What changes to the service delivery system are associated with program implementation? This report considers the following topics:
• Inclusion of partners and stakeholders in HPOG networks;
• Roles and responsibilities of partners and stakeholders;
• Changes in collaboration within HPOG networks during the grant period;
• HPOG networks, local labor markets, and employer perspectives;
• Effectiveness and sustainability of programs and network relationships; and
• Lessons and policy implications.
The Systems Change Analysis represents one of the first efforts to evaluate comprehensively the systems that can support career-pathways-based training programs for low-income adults. While this analysis is exploratory, it takes an initial step toward understanding systems change for training programs and offers some key lessons for future...